1. Please, tell us, how has your previous year been in general?
This year started with some important changes in my career. New country and new personal trainer. With first race I knew that this decision was right as I set a new record for Latvia. I worked hard to prepare for the World Championship and I had one single goal – to win. However, old injury came back and crushed my dream. This moment was one of the hardest in my life. But now I`m back on track with trainings and recovery process. I have a positive view on my future.
2. Do you have any New Year’s resolutions or goals already for the 2018?
One of the main goals is to strenghten my body so that bad experience from London doesn`t repeat. But I will continue to do what I love. I plan to enter Winter World Championship as well as take part in the European Championship this summer. My goal is to beat my own Latvian records.
3. Speaking of healthy living, do you like to cook? Where do you usually find the inspiration for new recipes?
Usually I get inspiration from different restaurant menus. If I enjoyed the meal, sometimes I try to repeat the recipe on my own. Of course, my work demands to live a healthy life and think about my diet, which is very important for me as an athlete – this helps me reach my goals faster.
4. What are your thoughts on a popular assumption that tasty food always contains a lof of calories? Do you agree that tasty and filling doesn’t always have to mean fatty?
I think that healthy can be tasty as well. It`s just a myth that healthy food cant` be delicious. There are many products that gives you satiety and are healthy and full of nutrients at the same time.
5. How would you describe your eating habits and daily menu at the moment? Is it important for you that your meals contains all needed nutrients?
I would like to describe my diet as well balanced as it contains salads, meat, fish, eggs and various additives. For snacks I usually reach for fruit, nuts and sometimes some chocolate. Instead of sugar, I add honey to sweeten my coffee. As an athlete, it`s important for me to get as much nutrients as possible. Nowadays it`s hard to do it by eating only products you can get in supermarket. Great alternative is to grow someting on your own but at the moment I use different supplements.
6. What are your thoughts on Wellness by Oriflame products and concept in general?
I think that Wellness by Oriflame is a great choice for people who want to make healthier choices on a daily basis. These products are a good alternative to a variety of meals and even snacks, and the best part that they are low in calories and are very easy to prepare.
7. What do you think about our new Wellness Protein Blend?
I really like this new Protein Blend because of it`s multifuncionality – you can add it to your breakfast meal, for example pancakes, smoothies or porridges. From Wellness by Oriflame products I also love Natural Balance tomato and basil soup – great choice to calm down your hunger between meals.
8. Let`s talk beauty a bit. What`s your ultimate beauty rule to live by at the moment? Any winter beauty secrets?
In the winter time our skin becomes dryer, so i try to pay more attention to moisturizing and pamper it a bit more than usual. I choose different creams and oils. Our face and lips requries special care and protection because of these harsh weather conditions, so I`m trying to keep this in my mind when I think about my skin care at the colder months.
9. Have you discovered any favorite Oriflame products recently?
My ultimate favorite is The ONE WonderLash 5-in-1 mascara. I don`t need to choose artificial lashes anymore – that`s great! I also like NovAge face scrub and different nail polishes of course.
10. Would you like to share some New Year wish for us all?
I wish everyone to smile more often, set new goals and achieve them. The main thing is to never give up and believe in yourself!